Accused of murder in Wullowitz questioned for hours

0
2


        On the first of the two days of the double murder trial in Linz, the accused was interrogated into the afternoon on Wednesday. The Afghan, who is said to have stabbed a Red Cross employee and an old farmer in Wullowitz in October 2019, confessed to the crimes, but repeatedly claimed that he "didn't want to hurt anyone."        </p><div>
        <p>"I know I did it and Made a mistake," the interpreter translated the 33-year-old's sober sentences. He also said he was "very sorry, it just happened," but he did not have any other explanation for what happened on October 14. The former refugee worker had questioned the accused because of an independent division of services in the waste collection centre. After a dispute, the two separated. "I was very excited and upset," the Afghan recalled. Therefore, in the afternoon, he had cycled to the dormitory where the Red Cross employee was employed. There he met the 32-year-old. Immediately, the accused "became aggressive," pulled out a knife and stabbed twice, the prosecutor said. The victim suffered "massive stab wounds to the chest." Four days after the attack, the young man died in hospital.</p>            

The supervisor had threatened him with deportation, which was “unacceptable” for him, the Afghan tried to justify. In the end, his client was no longer in control, the defense attorney argued. The “terrible and senseless” act can only be explained in such a way that the accused is “sick”. If he feels “disrespectful,” he becomes extremely angry and acts to that end.

This happened a second time that day. After the knife attack on the carer, he fled by bike. At a farm about 400 metres away, he saw a man clearing shopping from a car in a garage. “I said, ‘Please give me your car,'” the defendant said in a broken German. When the 63-year-old refused, he continued to beg. Then the farmer shouted at him, his “death sentence,” as the prosecutor explained. In any case, the Afghan again pulled out the knife and killed his opponent with five stab wounds to the chest. The prosecutor considered the “force of the sting” in both cases alone as evidence that the accused had “intention to kill”.

He then fled with the old farmer’s car to Linz, where he got stuck on a dirt road in Ebelsberg. A walker and her parents pulled the car out of the mud. It was only in the evening that they learned who they had helped before. The suspect had been apprehended and the blood-smeared knife was also seized in the car.

The questioning of the accused on Wednesday lasted many hours, in which attempts were made to investigate the motivation for the action as well as the exact course of events. Witnesses followed in the afternoon. An employee of the waste collection centre described the Afghan as “initially reliable.” However, from February 2019, the asylum seeker was no longer at work. He began to pray, the witness said.

One of the refugees who witnessed the attack on the Red Cross helper in front of the dormitory remembered briefly greeting the accused. Then everything went very quickly. The carer came out of the house and asked the arrival what he wanted. He then approached the 32-year-old without saying a word and immediately stabbed him. The witness had said “don’t make any stupidity” to the Afghan, and he also noticed that the alleged perpetrator had been “very aggressive and angry,” the man told the court.

On Friday, the experts will then explain their opinions. Psychiatrist Adelheid Kastner has attested to the accused’s “religiously coloured delusion” but considers him to be imputable. The verdict is expected in the jury trial in the evening. The accused faces 10 to 20 years in prison or life.

                            Source: APA                            </span>


    </div>



Source link
https://www.sn.at/panorama/oesterreich/angeklagter-von-bluttat-in-wullowitz-stundenlang-befragt-88392190

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here