For the 18th time in a row, the annual Travelers’ Choice Award takes place, at which the best and most popular hotels, restaurants and airlines worldwide are selected from ratings, reviews and guest reviews. A total of 4,817 companies are on the magic list this year – including some surprises from Switzerland!
Swiss luxury hotel ranks fifth in the global ranking
The winners of this year’s contest are based on the ratings of guests and travelers from 2019 – long before the global corona pandemic began. Lindsay Nelson is Chief Experience and Brand Officer at Tripadvisor and comments on this year’s result as follows, as the Swiss hotel portal htr.ch first reported.
This has been a tough year for our industry, but there is still a worldwide desire to go on a journey of discovery, whether it’s an hour away or at the other end of the world. It is our passion to lead travelers to the good out there, especially the good that can be found in these acclaimed hotels, restaurants and airlines that offer the opportunity to offer the best of the best.
Lindsay Nelson, Chief Experience & Brand Officer bei Tripadvisor
In fact, a Swiss luxury hotel made it to fifth place in the global ranking of the 25 best hotels in the luxury segment this year. The Swiss mountain lodge The Omnia in Zermatt is a 5-star superior establishment that apparently made a good impression on travelers and tourists from all over the world. The list is headed by a luxury resort in Cambodia.
These are the 25 best hotels in Switzerland
This global list is also regularly expanded to include a local overview of the various countries, which also presents the 25 most popular hotels and resorts for Switzerland and the best rated by customers and travelers, which we have listed below for you.
- Mountain Lodge The Omnia, Zermatt
- Beausite Park Hotel, Wengen
- Eiger Murren Swiss Quality Hotel
- Cervo Mountain Boutique Resort, Zermatt
- Hotel Luganodante, Lugano
- Kulm Hotel St. Moritz
- Romantik Hotel Julen, Zermatt
- Europe Hotel & Spa, Zermatt
- Hotel Schweizerhof, Lucerne
- Schlosshotel my Lifestyle, Zermatt
- Hotel d’Angleterre, Genf
- Marchenhotel, Braunwald
- Hotel Matterhorn Focus, Zermatt
- Hotel Eden Wellness, Zermatt
- Valsana Hotel & Appartments, Arosa
- Hotel Alpenhof, Zermatt
- Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & Spa, Bern
- Badrutt’s Palace Hotel, St. Moritz
- Grand Hotel Kronenhof, Pontresina
- B2 Boutique Hotel + Spa, Zurich
- Le Grand Bellevue, Gstaad
- Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa, Lausanne
- Hotel Schweizerhof, Zurich
- Chasa Montana Hotel & Spa, Samnaun
- Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
Conclusion on the most popular hotels in Switzerland
Especially this summer, it is obvious to avoid traveling to distant regions and therefore primarily to explore your own areas and surrounding cities. In all the hustle and bustle of everyday life, one often forgets the most obvious things. With this article, we hope to have given you some inspiration for exploring the Swiss hotel industry this summer, and as always, we look forward to reports from the houses described above!