Rally held in La Baie causes COVID-19 outbreak | Coronavirus

0
5


Since these are two cases from the same event, we can therefore speak of an outbreak.

There is a link between this case and the last one announced in the same local service network on September 12, confirmed the Integrated University Health and Social Services Center (CIUSSS) of Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, in a press release released at the end of the afternoon.

The Quebec Federation for Atlantic Salmon organized a mentoring activity in La Baie and L’Anse-Saint-Jean last week. The participants all ate meals at the Bec-Scie Outdoor Center. The host of the event was Contact Nature.

The two people who contracted the coronavirus are said to be an employee of a caterer in La Baie and a fisherman from L’Anse-Saint-Jean.

Contact Nature’s general manager, Marc-Andre Galbrand, explained during an interview with Radio-Canada at the end of the day that no one had symptoms during the rally. Contact Nature, however, learned three days after the participants left that one of them, from outside the region, had been diagnosed positive with COVID-19.

We received the information that there were participants in that event who were positive. We found out quite late, several days after the event. Fairly quickly, we asked all our employees who had been in direct or indirect contact to be on preventive work stoppage.

Marc-Andre Galbrand, Managing Director, Contact Nature

15 employees tested

Fifteen Contact Nature employees underwent a screening test within hours. None tested positive. They were all placed in segregation.

According to Marc-Andre Galbrand, about fifteen other participants, all from outside, also received a positive diagnosis in the days following the end of the gathering.

The CIUSSS confirms that of participants from outside the region were also tested positive and that epidemiological investigations are continuing.

Throughout the event, no one had symptoms and we were not the ones organizing the event. It’s been over a week already and everyone is negative. We are very satisfied with the measures that have been put in place , continues the director, who says the virus has not been transmitted to any member of staff.

The region has 383 cases of COVID-19. In Quebec, 303 new cases were added on Wednesday, bringing the total to 65,857 since the start of the pandemic in March.

With information from Michel Gaudreau and Priscilla Plamondon Lalancette

Today’s matches live



Source link
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1734381/covid-eclosion-bas-saguenay-la-baie

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here