Monday, November 30, 2020
Home Lifestyle Movies 'Godzilla vs. Kong 'starts a multi-million dollar war between Netflix and...

‘Godzilla vs. Kong ‘starts a multi-million dollar war between Netflix and HBO Max to premiere the movie in streaming


Hollywood studios are at a crossroads, as none of them want to risk releasing any of their big productions in theaters, but neither can they continue to postpone all of them until the situation caused by the coronavirus improves. Now it’s’ Godzilla vs. Kong ‘the movie that is giving the most to talk about for its possible jump to streaming and the war that has started between Netflix and HBO Max.

A Netflix offer blocked by WarnerMedia

In Hollywood Reporter they were the first to report that Netflix had made an offer of more than 200 million dollars to be made on it, information later confirmed by Deadline. A very seductive offer for Legendary, which financed 75% of the costs of ‘Godzilla vs. Kong ‘, but which has been blocked by WarnerMedia, which took care of the remaining 25%.

- Advertisement -

How is it possible that a minority party has that power? Because Warner has control over the launch of the movie and has a very different plan for ‘Godzilla vs. Kong ‘. Specifically, you want the tape directed by Adam Wingard ends up on HBO Max and has blocked the deal with Netflix so that he has time to prepare an offer to keep it.

Wonder Woman 1984

Also, should you go to HBO Max, ‘Godzilla vs. Kong ‘would probably receive a treatment similar to that of’ Wonder Woman 1984 ‘, which will reach that streaming platform and to American theaters at the same time, premiering in commercial theaters in the rest of the world.

- Advertisement -

We’ll see if Warner manages to close a deal with Legendary, because Netflix’s offer is most tempting. Remember that Netflix does not have a presence in China and that previous Monsterverse movies performed especially well in that country. Specifically, 26% of the combined box office of ‘Godzilla’, ‘Kong: Skull Island’ and ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ was achieved in China …

From Warner they continue to insist to this day that their plan is to premiere ‘Godzilla vs. Kong ‘next year in theaters as planned, but with’ Wonder Woman 1984 ‘the position was the same until the change became official. It could perfectly be the same case.

- Advertisement -



Source link
https://www.espinof.com/otros/godzilla-vs-kong-inicia-guerra-multimillonaria-netflix-hbo-max-para-estrenar-pelicula-streaming

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Sean Connery’s cause of death revealed

Sean Connery A month after announcing his death, the causes of death are now revealed on his death certificate. It's been almost a month since Hollywood...

Moderna asks the US and the EU to use its emergency vaccine – La Voz Lancaster

Moderna asks the US and the EU to use its emergency vaccineThe Lancaster VoiceSee full coverage on Google News Source link https://lancasteronline.com/lavoz/estados-unidos/moderna-pide-a-eeuu-y-la-ue-que-usen-su-vacuna-de-emergencia/article_e81898a7-d65e-54c2-a577-1b35281b81b5.html

Malaria death toll to exceed COVID-19 in sub-Saharan Africa: WHO

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO) attends a session on the response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak of...

Recent Comments