- The Norwegian Therese Johaug wins her first World Cup race in Are in front of 2 compatriots in Are.
- Nadine Fahndrich also makes it to the final and is 5th
- Johannes Klaebo wins the men’s race.
Therese Johaug celebrated her first sprint World Cup victory in Are. In doing so, she further expanded her lead in the overall classification of the FIS Ski Tour. The Norwegian won the unusual sprint in Are in 2: 27.56 minutes ahead of her compatriots Heidi Weng (+1.73) and Astrid Jacobsen (2.47). The sprint was unusual because it did not include a long flat straight, but a steep final climb.
Strong 5 strong.
The Swiss Nadine Fahndrich was also allowed to run in the final. After a strong start, she ran out of air on the climb, which is why 5th place was 6.22 seconds behind. Only once has Fahndrich been better classified in her sprint career: 2019 in Dresden.
Fahrndrich had previously won her heat in the quarter-finals and so confidently qualified for the semi-finals. There the Lucerne benefited from her strong time. As the last lucky loser, she qualified for the final run over time. The other Swiss Laurien van der Graaff, Dario Cologna and Roman Furger failed in the qualification.
Klaebo wins well too
Norway was once again able to win for men. Johannes Klaebo took the victory in the Sprint classification Federico Pellegrino (+2.39) in 2: 02.63 minutes ahead of the FIS Ski Tour Leader. Klaebo decisively distanced the Italian on the climb. 3rd was the Frenchman Jay Renaud (+3.70).
It continues like this
You can follow the FIS Ski Tour in Sweden and Norway live on SRF:
Thursday, February 20th (Storlien-Meraker):
- 38 km skating women from 10:40 a.m. SRF two / SRF Sport app
- 38 km skating men from 1:25 p.m. SRF two / SRF Sport app
Saturday, February 22nd (Trondheim):
- Classic sprints men and women from 1:00 p.m. SRF two
Sunday, February 23 (Trondheim):
- 15 km chasing women classic from 11:10 a.m. SRF info / SRF Sport app
- 30 km pursuit men classic from 1:10 p.m. SRF info / SRF Sport App
Broadcast reference: sportlive on SRF two at 4:05 p.m. on February 18.