President Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO), urged this Saturday in his first participation in the G20 summit by an economic rescue that focuses on the population rather than on companies and private institutions.
“First help the poor and not focus government actions only on allocating public funds to companies or financial institutions in bankruptcy. Do not convert private debts into public debt; avoid indebtedness and even less if it is for the benefit of a few and at the cost of suffering of many and of the new generations “, asked López Obrador.
The economic bailout “from the bottom up”, on which he said he will speak on Sunday, was one of five points on which the President focused his intervention. He also spoke of the need for make the coronavirus vaccine free and universally accessible, as well as medical care and medicines.
In addition, he spoke for avoid “excessive confinement” and other “authoritarian measures”, always prioritizing the freedom of citizens.
These were the five points that AMLO spoke about at the G20:
- 1. Health is a fundamental human right that the State must guarantee, putting aside the profit motive. Vaccines, medical care and medicines must be free and of universal access.
- 2. Promote healthy eating, to prevent rather than cure. Avoid products with excess salt, sugars, fats and chemicals, taking into account that Covid-19 has affected more people with hypertension, diabetes and obesity, conditions related to the consumption of these foods.
- 3. That social security focuses on the family as a unit. “Do not abandon the elderly in shelters or nursing homes.”
- 4. Trust more in people’s responsibility. Guarantee freedom in all circumstances and avoid the temptation of authoritarian measures such as excessive confinement or a curfew.
- 5. Bailout from the bottom up, directing public resources to help the poor first and not private initiative. Avoid indebtedness.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.informador.mx/economia/AMLO-en-el-G20-Cinco-puntos-sobre-los-que-hablo-20201121-0037.html
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!