Mexico City began with the implementation of so-called rapid antigen tests and during the first day they managed to detect several cases of COVID-19 and began the necessary medical interventions.
Through macro-kiosks installed in the 16 mayors of the Mexican capital, health sector authorities applied 2,246 antigen tests, according to the newspaper The universal.
In addition, the media reported that different health centers in the entity applied 501 tests during the first day of its implementation.
In total, the reporter Eduardo Hernández published, 336 positive patients in the first option, while in the second, up to 74 infections were detected by COVID-19.
Jorge Alfredo Ochoa Moreno, Director General of Public Health Services, indicated that around 150 daily tests will be applied in these kiosks from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The foregoing, he reported, together with the efforts of health centers, and care in priority care neighborhoods, would mean the application of up to 10,000 rapid tests per day.
In addition, he added that it will only be necessary to attend tests like these if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or in case of having been in direct contact with someone recently diagnosed with the disease.
Some of the aforementioned macro-kites are located in different stations of the Metro Collective Transport System or its esplanades, as in the case of Tacuba, Tacubaya, Mixcoac, Ethiopia, Cuauhtémoc, Pino Suárez, among other.
In total they are 26 macro-kiosks located in points of greatest influx such as the esplanades of the different municipalities, as well as the more than 100 kiosks in various colonies of the capital.
According to the head of government, Claudia Sheinbaum, the purpose behind these measures is “advance rapidly in the identification of positives and his isolation, increase care for the population through medical guidance, COVID-19 free testing app, follow-up of people with the disease, as well as the supervision of sanitary measures in shops and public transport”-
In One million 25 thousand 969 contagions were confirmed in the Mexican Republic accumulated coronavirus until November 20, 2020, but only 19,867 were considered as active; that is, they presented the symptoms of the disease during the last 14 days.
Of the total, 48.94% are women and 51.06% are men. In addition, 22.14% were hospitalized for different levels of severity, while 77.86% were able to continue their recovery from home with all the necessary protocols.
The entities with the highest number of active cases of SARS-CoV-2 in descending order are Cifrom Mexico, Guanajuato, Nuevo León, Jalisco and Durango, that as a whole concentrate the 47% of cases in the country.
The General Directorate of Epidemilogy also confirmed that 387,654 people are still waiting for their results and they were considered suspected of carrying the SARS-CoV-2 virus. An estimated 770,728 recovered were also registered, as well as one million 251 thousand 784 negative diagnoses.
Regrettably 100,823 Mexicans have also died. 36.26% are women, while the remaining 63.74% are men. On the other hand, it was indicated that 89.17% died in the hospital and 10.83% did so in circumstances outside the hospitals.
Among the people who died, the main comorbidities found were hypertension with 45.38%, diabetes with 38.58%, obesity with 23.90% and lastly, smoking with 8.01%.
The above numbers represent that there was an increase of 6,426 infected in the last 24 hours, as well as 719 deaths.
Coronavirus in Mexico: 6,426 new infections and 719 deaths were registered
Health alert in CDMX: starting on Monday, stores, shopping centers, gyms and cinemas must close at 7:00 p.m.
With more than 100,000 deaths from COVID-19 in Mexico, Chiapas joins Campeche at the green traffic light
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.infobae.com/america/mexico/2020/11/21/pruebas-rapidas-detectaron-401-contagios-por-covid-19-durante-su-primer-dia-de-aplicacion-en-la-cdmx/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!