With the rise of telework in Spain we are more connected than ever, but privacy has sometimes been displaced in this new online life attached to the mobile or the computer. Even when we are using WhatsApp sometimes we feel that they are watching us and that some, through some methods, can see how we use the app. However, there are a number of WhatsApp tricks that help prevent it.
Next, a series of WhatsApp tricks that can help Spanish users in their day to day, managing a series of adjustments and changing some behavior, which will allow them to use the application in a more private way.
The recommendations go beyond the privacy settings and allow you to prevent them from controlling how you use your WhatsApp, to remain anonymous and not to depend on your friends and family to be aware of you in the application on the other side of the screen.
That you don’t know who you’re talking to
This WhatsApp trick will achieve something that today is certainly difficult: prevent anyone from knowing who you are talking to. There are several tricks, in fact, that can help you within this one. For example, one is to activate two-step verification, an option that will shield us so that no one outside the application, including WhatsApp, can read our conversation.
To activate this option, we will have to go to “Configuration” or “Settings”, go to “Account” or “Privacy” (depending on the operating system you have) and look for the option “Two-step verification”.
We can also archivar cats to keep them in a hidden space in case a person looks at the phone screen. Doing so is very simple; By holding down on a chat on Android or sliding to the right on a chat on iOS, we can archive it. The chat will be moved to a private list invisible at first glance. If we do not silence the chat, as soon as they send us a message it will return to the main list of chats, so the ideal is to silence it so that it does not appear in the list.
We can even always block WhatsApp so that when someone wants to enter the application they need our fingerprint or the owner’s face through Face ID, depending on whether you have Android or iPhone.
In the WhatsApp settings we will have to go to “Privacy” and then to “Screen lock”. Thus, whenever we open WhatsApp, we will be asked for biometric recognition, so only the owner of the phone can access the application. In case it is not possible, there are many applications available capable of blocking your installed applications.
However, both on iOS and Android you can respond to WhatsApp from notifications. In the settings of your mobile you can deactivate notifications or make them less visible to prevent someone who knows this trick from accessing them. Something you should keep in mind.
By last, we can hide our last connection time. By default, WhatsApp will use the famous blue double confirmation symbol to confirm that our messages are read. To adjust these parameters, we will have to go to “Configuration” or “Settings” depending on the operating system, go to “Account” and then to “Privacy”.
Are you connected and when?
Do we want to know when someone is online? It is very easy to do it from WhatsApp Web. This is because this trick is not natively in the WhatsApp mobile application. We will need to download a WA Web Plus For WhatsApp extension. These are the steps to follow on a computer with Chrome:
- Enter WhatsApp Web and log in with your account.
- After, click on the extension icon installed (which will normally appear to the right of the browser’s search bar, along with your other extensions).
- When you do this, you will see how the extension’s interface opens, as you can see in the photo below. From the “Improvements” tab and the “Customize” section, activate the tick in “Highlight online contacts” and “Notify about online contacts”.
Activating these options, you will see a pop-up notification when any of your contacts are online, and by means of a green symbol we can see who is connected.
Where is a contact
In this case, we need a little collaboration from the other person to find out where their location is. We will have to ask the contact to share your location, a feature to share in real time the exact position on the map where the contact is located.
- Open WhatsApp and enter the conversation of the person with whom you want to share the location.
- Click on the clip symbol that appears to the right of the chat and hit “Location“.
- Then there will be accept permissions that WhatsApp requests and choose between the current location or the location in real time.
The person will have to give the permissions requested by WhatsApp and accept the current location or the actual location. Depending on what type of information we want, we will have to request either the static or the real time.
Know who writes without looking
If what scares you is having to pick up your mobile and unlock it to find out who is writing to expose you to someone interested to see your WhatsApp screen, we have the solution: notifications. We will have to personalize them in such a way that our mobile will emit different sounds specific to the contact we want.
For Android, this is the process:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the conversation of the person in question.
- Click on the name of the contact and once on their profile click on “Customize notifications”.
- Activate the “Notif. personalized“.
- Go to the “Notification tone” section, from where you can choose
In the case of iPhone:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the conversation of the person whose notifications you want to customize.
- Within the chat with that person, click on their name and then scroll down until you see the option “Customize tone“.
- Then choose the sound that you want your phone to emit when you receive a message from that contact and click on “Save”.
More WhatsApp tricks
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.elespanol.com/omicrono/software/20201122/trucos-whatsapp-no-sepan-usando-app/537447250_0.html
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!