Two-time Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso is returning to the championship in the Alpin team, and he recently had to undergo surgery due to a car accident. However, the experienced Spaniard emphasizes that he is in great shape.
– I feel great and I am in the best shape of my career – both physically and mentally. I have been preparing for this return for a long time and now I have fresh motivation. I’m ready! I usually think that every driver needs three or four races to optimize everything on the car that is necessary, maybe a little more if you are a new driver in F1. To be 100 percent, you have to go through the first few races – that applies to everyone. Fortunately, with my preparations and physical condition, I will be ready to give my best immediately – said 39-year-old Fernando Alonso.
– By participating in other races, I became a more complete driver. There you are constantly learning to push yourself to the limits of endurance and without a doubt I am now a more competent driver than I was two years ago. It is difficult to predict the result at the end of the season – said the experienced driver, who also competed in the Dakar Rally, WEC and Indi 500.
The Spaniard was part of the fastest circus from 2003 to 2018. In that period, he won two titles, in 2005 and 2006. He took a break of two years, so he decided to return to Formula 1. His teammate in Alpin will be the Frenchman Esteban Okon, with whom he has had excellent cooperation in the past.
So far, he has started in 311 races. He achieved 32 victories. He fought for the pole position 22 times, while he drove the closest lap 23 times.
The Formula 1 season starts on March 28, and the first race will be run in Bahrain, where official tests will be held before that. You will be able to follow all the championship races live on the Sport Club channels.
Source site www.vesti-online.com