The GMC Hummer electric pick-up was available in an SUV-type version which will not land before 2023. Several features are back on the page, such as the famous crab mode allowing diagonal movement.
In October 2020, the Hummer brand was reborn from its ashes after ten years of absence. And the manufacturer General Motors wanted to mark the occasion by giving it a second life, not thermal, but electric. A strong choice in view of Hummer’s past, a true symbol of the polluting car of its time.
After the pick-up, make way for the SUV
The trendy pick-up unveiled six months ago aims to conquer a highly prized segment on the other side of the Atlantic, while competing with the Tesla Cybertruck. To continue this dynamic, GM has just unveiled an SUV version of its vehicle, based on the same platform of the pickup: the Ultium architecture.
The Hummer EV SUV, of its full name, therefore shares many technical similarities with the GMC Hummer EV. In total, five versions were presented:
- HUMMER EV2 SUV: twin engine, 625 hp, 10,033 Nm of torque, 400 km of range, released in spring 2024, $ 79,995;
- Hummer EV2X: dual engine, 625 hp, 10,033 Nm of torque, 482 km of range, released in spring 2023, $ 89,995;
- Hummer EV3X: triple engine, 830 hp, 15,590 Nm of torque, 482 km of range, released in spring 2023, $ 99,995;
- HUMMER EV SUV Edition 1: triple engine, 830 hp, 15,590 Nm of torque, 482 km of range, released in early 2023, $ 105,595;
- HUMMER EV SUV Edition 1 with the Extreme Off-Road package: triple engine, 830 hp, 15,590 Nm of torque, 482 km of range, released in early 2023, 110,595 dollars.
The Extreme Off-Road package includes cameras attached under the body, protective plates placed under the vehicle or 35-inch tires cut for mud and off-road.
The famous crab mode
As on the pick-up, the Crab Mode is required, and allows to move diagonally up to 10 degrees thanks to the alignment of the rear axle with that of the front.
General Motors also evokes an improved version of its driver assistance technology (Super Cruise 6) which should ensure hands-free driving for drivers.
The interior finally hosts a 13.4-inch screen to power the infotainment system and another 12.3-inch as a digital instrument cluster.